Saturday, December 20, 2008

Home 2.0

It's the end of the year again, which means it's time to pack up and move into my third house in four years. I like the constant moving (besides the actual act of shifting and cleaning and wondering how to hide the sunscreen stains on the carpet from the landlord); it's fun having to work with an entirely new space every year. So in less than a month I should be in my new house (ok, room) in the city! I'm going minimal this time, which is what I say everytime, but this year that means I'm getting a single bed and a metal rail for a wardrobe.I like these simple, stark beds by IKEA. Cheap and easy to move for the next time round.


Or I could go with this ingenious stacked cardboard bed, found via a NYT article on students decorating on a ramen budget. It's filled with inspiring and really practical ideas on how to make a space your own.


I've been lusting after these sheets for a long while now, and I'm glad I didn't cave in and get them before because they are now on SALE.

So hopefully with a lot of white, and the downsizing of my sleep-space, I should be able to manage something like this! More room for dancing and attempted pilates workouts off YouTube videos!

No comments: